Mummy In the Mountain’s TOP 10 things to do this summer in and around Annecy with RécréAmômes
HOT OFF THE PRESS Check out Mummyinthemountains in the latest RécréAmômes! (Page 32!!!) (Very proud)
After meeting the lovely Laure Béchade (founder of RécréAmômes) through Fémin’Alpes (An association for female entrepreneurs in the Alps), I was delighted when she offered me the opportunity to choose my top 10 things in English for the summer edition of RécréAmômes. We Brits have a voice 🙂
I have to say it was hard to choose just 10 as the magazine is jam packed with fabulous ideas!
The shortened version of my TOP 10 can be found in the magazine RécréAmômes on Page 32– which is now available in over 200 different locations in Annecy. I have to say we LOVE RécréAmômes and have been big fans since they started. I find them a valuable and trusted source of information. If don’t know them…check them out.
Soooo here are our top ten favourite recommendations in the RécréAmômes magazine, that we’ll be doing as a family this summer. Watch out hubby & girls the summer is going to lots of FUN!
- Having as many pic-nics as possible on the lakeside beaches There are 13 different beaches around the lake in Annecy…our personal family faves are on the “Rive Est” as that’s where we live : Talloires (difficult to beat), Angon (great with kids & a bit quieter/less well known), Menthon (great location) & Veyrier (fab with kids but gets super busy & hard to park). The beaches are great on the other side of the lake too. If you need good treats for your pic-nic the Pan & Gato boulangerie in Albigny does amazing treats – we eat so much from here I think we should have shares in the business !!
- Staying in a mountain refuge as a family – We’ve been dying to do this for years. Now the kids are older it’s a MUST. (We will either do the Refuge des Sales, Le Refuge de la Pointe Percée or Parmelan). Page 16 of RécréAmômes has the details on the Refuge des Sales and how to get there – they are apparently super friendly & even provide downloadable educational activity sheets (5_8 years old & 8-10 years old) to entertain the kids whilst they walk up! Watch this space I will do a blog post on our chosen destination
- Le Bonheur des Momes Festival in Le Grand Bornand – the event speaks for itself. The dates this year 20th – 25th August 2017. If you don’t know the event you have to check it out!
- An afternoon at the Scarecrow Park “Parc des Epouvantails” near Cruseilles. We have never been and it looks like lots of fun. Although I do have to admit a few years ago I once took the kids to a Scarecrow Festival in Yorkshire – which was quite something! Let’s see what the French version is like
- An evening at the SUMMER NIGHTS “Alice in Wonderland» show at the Chateau de Menthon Saint Bernard. We went last year & it was one of the best nights we had that summer. The girls, were enchanted & I must admit so was I. The standard was very high ad the setting made it quite magical…
- Jumping Megeve – A show jumping event. If your kids love horses this event is fabulous & FREE. The horses are amazing, stunningly beautiful, the standard of the competitions very high. We went as a family last year and had a great day out. Megeve is also beautiful in the summer. This year the dates are 18th-23rd Juy 2017.
- Kayaking on the lake in Annecy. I’ve always wanted to do this with my (big) girls…We’ve done SUP a few times and really enjoyed it. The one time we did try kayaking, my then 2-year-old middle child tripped over getting in the boat, fully clothed and was terrified the fish were going to eat her…As you can imagine not a raging success! Let’s see if we can do better!!! You can hire kayaks all around the lake. In Annecy le Vieux we use Roule ma poule
- The adventure Park in Talloires – the girls love this place and the location is beautiful. You can watch the parapentes take off and there are tables to have pic-nics and a little snack restaurant too. A great half day activity with different areas for different age groups. Pre-book in the summer. Page 21 of RécréAmômes magazine has further info.
- The Tyrolienne over the lake at the Lac des confins in La Clusaz. Accro Tyroo. This is simply wonderful and can be combined with a lovely walk. We frequently have lunch there too, either a pic-nic or lunch at Le Foly. Le Foly is one of our favourite, family-friendly restaurants in the area. It’s location is simply fabulous, located up at les confins overlooking the lake and surrounded in every direction by mountains. Whatever season you go there – the food, the service and the location never disappoint.
- A day at Vitam Park…the kids LOVE it here – whatever the season. ( My middle daughter at the tender age of five has even confessed when she grows up she would like to be a life guard at Vitam park)
And I’ve added a bonus recommendation as I couldn’t resist!!!
An afternoon with lunch at the Pisciculture – Fish Farm in Thones. The location is idyllic and the activity fun. A firm fave with the Mummy in the Mountains crew. Check out my blog post HERE for further info.
For more info on RécréAmômes you can pick up the magazine from one of the 200 drop off points in Annecy (the tourism office & Courrier shopping centre being very central) or you can follow them via Facebook:
Or via their website & join the RécréAmômes club (Lots of special advantages) : http://recreamomes.fr/
To consult the latest magazine CLICK HERE 😉
Watch this space I could be doing more English stuff with them too #togetherstronger